Carbon Footprint. Sustainability. Going Green. Eco-Friendly are catch phrase terms that show up a lot. From T-shirts, buttons or reusable shopping bags to magazine, television advertisements and other printed materials, the term green has come to symbolize “environmental awareness” that covers a lot of different things like recycling, renewable resources, clean air and water – just to name a few. *
But what can you do about Going Green? It doesn’t have to be difficult, confusing or costly and you don’t need to do it all at once. Just taking a few small steps can make a big impact on the environment. One of the easiest ways to go green is with your paper products. If it’s made of paper, it can most likely be recycled. What that means to you is that you have more buying options. Century Products’ Paper Program is both environmentally-friendly and A.D.A. Compliant. Most of our paper products are made from recycled fibers and many are Green Seal Certified*. The paper dispensers we offer can be mounted at multiple heights and accessed according to Americans with Disabilities Act standards too.
What are the benefits of green certified products?
- Recycled papers are now available at prices competitive to virgin fiber papers. (Nearly 50% of all trees harvested in North America are turned into some type of paper product.)+
- Using compostable products reduces dependence on foreign oil. Substituting plant based for petroleum based plastics contributes to waste diversion programs in the U.S.
- Buying “green” paper will support efforts for responsible forestry and reduce your risk in being associated with controversial production. It will also promote human rights. **
- Improve the environment by reducing toxic pollution and waste, conserving resources and habitats, and minimizing global warming and ozone depletion. ***
- Increase the health and well-being of your customers, particularly those most affected by product choice, such as schoolchildren, service staff, and the elderly. ***
If you’ll soon be in the market for purchasing paper supplies, give Century Products a look. What you’ll find is a company dedicated to providing quality products that will foster a more sustainable world. Continuously striving to expand its portfolio of products manufactured with reclaimed materials or ones that use renewable resources which have minimum impact on the environment, Century will continue its long standing tradition of providing value and quality to its new and current customers to help create a cleaner world for all.