Summer’s here and that means many families are headed out of town on a vacation. There’s nothing worse than coming home to a messy home. You’ve had a great trip, you’re probably a bit tired (albeit happy and exhilarated from a few days away) and if you’re like me, you want to postpone getting back to real life for as long as possible. I would prefer to come home to a clean house, so I can climb into my own bed after time away. Here are some pre-vacation cleaning tips to consider, so you can come home to a clean space.
1. Clean your Bathroom: When I get home from a trip, there are few things more enjoyable than taking a shower in my own bathroom. Spray down your shower and remove any soap scum before you leave. Use a bowl brush inside your toilet bowl to remove any rings and spray and disinfect the toilet surfaces.
2. Your Living Room (or family room, den, etc.): Get rid of clutter. If you don’t need it, don’t keep it. You’ll just have more work when you get home. Straighten up any toys, magazines and other items in the room that you plan to keep.
3. Do the Dishes. Stuck-on food is even harder to remove after you’re gone for a week. And that old food could make your whole house smell as it spoils.
4. Do the Laundry. You know you’re going to have a pile of dirty laundry when you get back and empty out you suitcase. Cleaning dirty clothes before you go will reduce the loads when you return.
5. 5. Clean your Bedroom: Remember that nice feeling of coming home to your comfy bed after time away? It doesn’t feel as great if you first have to clean it off. Sleeping on a freshly made bed will help you relax after your trip.
What are your pre-vacation cleaning tips? Share them in the comment section below!