Cleaning your restroom is probably not on your list of most exciting things to do. But you know how important it is to keep your restroom clean. Today, we’re focusing on streamlining the restroom cleaning process to make your job quick and effective.
One way to make this process easy is to use a restroom caddy to carry all of your supplies in one place. You’ll want one big enough to hold gloves, a toilet bowl brush, disinfectant and urinal supplies. Once your caddy is ready, you can get your restroom clean in five simple steps.
1) Apply disinfectant to toilets, sinks, urinals, countertops and other restroom surfaces. You want to make sure your disinfectant is designed to kill germs that can cause diseases including the flu and salmonella. Let the disinfectant sit for a few minutes to ensure it has all the time it needs to properly kill germs and bacteria.
2) Fill all dispensers. You can do this while you’re waiting for the disinfectant to dwell. Make sure toilet paper, paper towels and soap dispensers are full. Studies have found that empty dispensers are a big problem for customers.
3) Clean and disinfect all surfaces. After your disinfectant has had the time to sit, wipe down all surfaces. Make sure you clean under the rim of your toilet bowl, the seat and inside the bowl. Wipe down sinks and counter tops, doors, handles, faucets and other restroom fixtures.
4) Empty the trash. Make sure to pick up any debris that fell on the floor. Replace the liner in the trash bin.
5) Sweep and mop the floor. Make sure you post wet floor signs before you start to mop to let everyone know the floor might be slick. Check out our previous post on sweeping tips and techniques and this graphic on how to mop.