The On-site Consultation Program’s Safety and Health Achievement Recognition Program (SHARP) recognizes small business employers who operate an exemplary injury and illness prevention program. Acceptance into SHARP from OSHA is an achievement of status that singles Century Products LLC out among its business peers as a model for work-site safety and health. This year, Century is proud to have received its second Sharp award and is one of 146 small businesses in North Carolina to receive this prestigious award. (See also Safety & Health Matters At Century)
What are the benefits of SHARP?
- Protect workers from all safety and health hazards that may exist at your workplace;
- Work with OSHA to identify and implement best practices to protect your workers;
- Develop an innovative injury and illness prevention program for your business that will protect your workers.
Create a Culture
- Create a better working environment free of safety and health hazards;
- Boost worker morale by involving workers in creating a culture that emphasizes a safe and healthful workplace;
- Improve communication among workers and management;
- Encourage safety in the community as workers may transfer safe and healthy work practices outside of the workplace.
Build a Reputation
- Receive official recognition from OSHA for your achievement of SHARP status and for maintaining an exemplary injury and illness prevention program;
- Become a leader in your industry by providing a safe and healthy workplace for workers;
- Attract skillful workers looking to join a business that is at the forefront of its industry in providing a safe and healthy workplace for its workers;
- Lower worker compensation insurance premiums;
- Improve your worker retention and reduce costly turnover;
- Reduce worker days away from work to keep operations and production running smoothly;